Introducing Sunshine Juniors Program
Who we are: Sunshine Juniors is a developmental volleyball class for 6th-8th Graders designed specifically for multi-sport athletes and young players who do not have the time in their schedule to commit to a full schedule competition team.
· Sunshine Juniors will be team size groups (approx.12-14 players) who will practice once a week at Lincoln Middle School on Sunday from 5:30-7pm.
· Lincoln Middle School is located at 1501 California Ave. Santa Monica, CA. 90403
· Play in 2 Southern CA Volleyball Association (SCVA) 14's tournaments in the spring as well as the 2 day Regionals tournament that culminates the season.
March 16th, Saturday - SCVA Tournament (location and time are announced the day before)
April 27th, Saturday- SCVA Tournament (location and time are announced the day before)
June 1st and 2nd- SCVA Regional 2 day Tournament
· Cost for season is $1000, plus the cost of the uniform
· What is the difference between Juniors and 14’s teams?: Sunshine teams practice 3+ times per week. 14’s Teams also participate in all SCVA tournaments, with 2 or even 3 possible travel tournaments. Sunshine Juniors will compete in a limited tournament schedule while still getting the same elite level training Sunshine is known for and being trained to compete at the next level for high school and following club seasons.
Sunshine Junior's is specifically for the multi-sport athlete who plays, basketball, soccer, softball or is committed to other extra-curricular activities that inhibit them from competing in club volleyball. Sunshine wants to allow those players the chance to continue to train and compete in the sport that they love while not having to choose between two sports too early.
Sign-ups and first date of play for 2012-2013 are October 14th from 5:30-7pm at Lincoln Middle School.